Day 15 Colac to Canberra

David dragged me out of bed early.. We had to get going to get to Canberra a long drive for D.

Packed reasonably quickly and headed north east. We stopped at a shell in the middle of no-where for breakfast.... 'gas station" Coffee and a donut sigh.. still better than hungry jacks

Next stop was Table Top NSW. We hoped that Koen would be impressed at the cartoon made into a real place. Ettamogah pub is always fun.
Ettamogah pub

Ettamogah pub Inside

Ettamogah pub

We had to stop at Holbrook but I would love to go back and search the antique shops. I missed out and need to go back.. Soon....

HMAS OtwayHmas Otway

Hmas Otway
But I was happy to lie under the trees and watch the sun filter through the leaves. Just awesome.
Lying Under Trees In HolbrookPark In Holbrook NSWLying Under Trees In Holbrook

Next stop Canberra.

Parliament house

Black Mountain Tower

Hipst of The parliment house

Panorama from Black mountain Tower

Karen had kindly agreed to put us up for the night, but Koen wanted a bit of privacy and so he took a hotel room.

We had dinner with David's friends at the Central cafe and they took us home for a night cap. It nearly killed me to leave an unfinished bottle of choc mint liquor but we had to get up to make it home for Koen's flight.

Stu found me a drug that I could take as a one off so I could actually sleep. I did check with my Twitter nurse but when he said it was ok I was quick to take them.
I did sleep after David gave me pain killers in addition to the tablets I took.

ZZZZZ

Comments

Popular Posts