Day 7 in and around uluru-kata tjuta national park

The day started far too early, A broken sleep, meant D and I were up before dawn... Sooo that meant no reason to not get the famous sunrise shots at Uluru.
I felt like crap, but i was there..
Sunrise Uluru

Sunrise Uluru

Sunrise Uluru

Sunrise Uluru

Afterwards we headed back for a breakfast. Full breaky is $30 but if you go to reception & ask for a pre paid breakfast, it's only $25.
Great breakfast! We headed out back to the rock, all fed and lots of water and all cameras ready. Got to the climb and ...

It was closed . Rats!!! Any forecast over 36C means that they close the rock climb. So we headed around the bottom, driving a lot of the way due to my foot. :-(
We saw some lovely lagoons and many birds, lots of zebra finches too.

Off to the Olgas and I was not well, my teeth make my whole body hurt and I was quite distressed byt the time we got to the Olgas. On the way David found a blue tongue, dead, and a thorny devil. Also dead, but we could show Koen what they look like and how small they are.

Did the easy Olga walk, to the pretty little stream. Yummy, Fresh water. Big fat tadpoles were living there. Cool.
Olgas

Did this cool double exposure on my iPhone
Olgas

Olga trek

David drove me back to air-conditioning, blissful air-conditioning, i felt 100% better actress a cold shower. It was bliss.

After a hour or two staying out of the heat, Koen and I headed for the Bar and David to the pool. We drank three beers and headed back and on our way was this little guy.

Skink ( blue Tongue lizard) so i woke David up and showed him, and the neighbours some who ran away (seriously) the others took photos as i lectured them on what he was and what he eats... I can be such a bore...

Dinner was early. I was hanging.. And spent the rest of my bed on my bed. I needed to.

Night all..xoxox

Comments

Popular Posts