Getting to know me

From the Lovely Leah's blog.

Are you named after someone?
Alas, no. My middle name is my mother's but thats as exciting as it gets.

When was the last time you cried?
The last time I was issued an ultimatum. It was such as shock to the system. Only people close to me can make me cry. I am a caramel. Hard on the outside but people who access the soft spots can really hurt me.

Do you have kids?
I do! One handsome teen who is 6'2 already and not even 16.

I also have one adult who can be a kid and a furry one



Do you have a guilty pleasure?
Stationery.. I adore pens, paper, notebooks
OO and related, magazines. I LOVE magazines and it kills me to throw them out but in the interest of less clutter, I do.

Do you like handwriting?
Yes. I do a lot of typography and I write with dip pens when I can. I do have ok handwriting but always gets rushed so messier than I would prefer.
I am useless at scrap booking.

What is your favourite cereal?
I have to pick? I could live on all cereal. I love Sultana bran with a cut up apple and banana.

What is the first thing you notice about people?
Oh a woman, how they carry themselves, are they confident or trying to hide. On men, arms and shoulders. (OK I am shallow)

What colour are your eyes?
Green




Scary movies or happy endings?
I like silly horror ie zombie movies or vampire films. Happy endings annoy me as no one lives happily ever after just like that.

Favourite TV show?
Big Bang Theory. I rarely get involved in shows, I do love House of Cards (Both versions) and Black sails. But BBT wins hands down for relaxation feel good.

Summer or Winter?
Spring and Autumn. I LOVE cool evenings and warm days. I am not a lover of heat but I don't mind the cold. I adore storms (Spring) and I do love running on a cold morning but the shorts days get ,me down and hot days make me want to hibernate in a cool cave. Hate.

Hugs or Kisses?
Hugs.

What's the furthest you've been from home?
Hmmm The UK or New York..I will have to google it.. Actually Its Dublin at 17203km from Sydney. Ireland wins here.

Do you have special talents?
I can fly/drive/sail/ride anything. :) Mind you I haven't sailed in decades, but I do miss sailing.

Where were you born?
Canberra, Australia

What are your hobbies?
Scuba diving, Blogging, photography and drawing. I am learning to watercolour.

Do you have any pets?
A hound.. (Seen above) I don't have cats any more as the dog eats them.

Favourite movie?
Um.. I actually don't watch many movies, I only watch them when I used to take Fabian to the movies (He goes alone now) or Heath makes me watch them on TV in the evening. I usually miss most. The last movie I enjoyed was the Railway man about forgiveness after ww2. Last one I watched was unbroken, also about WW2.

What colour is your car?
Red.

What did you want to be when you growing up?
A pilot. I was a pilot for a few years until the 90's recession

How are you feeling right now?
Calm, I am at work.. its a Sunday.. life is good.

Is there anything you want to say to someone?
Heath,
You are my shoulder to lean on, the soul I turn to and can count on. You’re my one and only; my everything.

Fabian, 
Know that I love you and will always be there for you. No matter what, I’ve got your back. You are my son and always will be. In a few months you will get a car license and find more freedom.

  • You are almost an adult, you will find love, lose it, have your heart broken but you will pick yourself up and keep going. 
  • Don't allow peer pressure to make you take risks. If I trust you with a car, remember it is a killing machine and take care of it, you life and the lives of those around you. It is NOT a right, but a privilege. 
  • You will find your way like we all did when we were your age. 
  • Take risks, travel, try things that scare you but be true to yourself. I will always be there to pick you up if you ask. 
  • Don't let others devalue your worth. Love yourself and accept who you are. 
  • Chase YOUR dreams, not the dreams of others who would try to live through you. 
  • Have fun by not taking life too seriously. Things will bring you down, work can be a grind but don't let it suck the joy of life from you. 
  • Its one life you have. Grasp it with both hands and live it. Don't get to the end and have regrets.


Name 5 facts about yourself
1.I sing in the car and when I'm alone. I used to sing in a choir but the years have made me very very rusty.
2. I draw to meditate. Doing a sketch quiets my racing mind.
3. I loved boarding school and was horrified when mother took me out.
4. I nearly drowned last year and that was my wakeup moment. I didn't tell Heath or David at the time as to not worry them. I was rescued by a handsome young man after a lady passing by say me. Life is short.  I am now petrified of waves of all sorts.  (Even tiny ones)
5. I scuba dive. I can dive off boats happier than from the shore. (See note 4)
6. I am fairly heavily tattooed I have 3 unfinished tats and 2 yet to be inked.

Do you believe in Karma?
Yes.

Feel free to do this tag and leave your link to the post in the comments if you blog.


Comments

Popular Posts