MIA

     It’s been ages since an update and there are various reasons for that.
Firstly; the support I used to feel online from the people thought were supportive were until I had surgery, and turned to the opposite. I got weird messages RE being a traitor to the cause. My beloved body positive community, (Some of course, not all) turned on me. It was the ones yelling about inclusivity the loudest turned who seemed to not want to include me. If you want to embody positivity, you MUST be inclusive no matter what the body size.

     Rather than have this affect my hard won mental health, I turned away from online social media and took up real life.

     Secondly found that my partner and my son enjoy bush walking and whilst it doesn’t rank in my top 20 things to do (I am lazy) I do love spending time with my boys so if they want to go on a 10km walk I am right there beside them. With the hound, we have travelled the local area and found some very cool little critters and some things I never knew were nearby. I have lived here for 15 years and I am discovering some cool things. How lovely is it to enjoy your own back yard?

     Thirdly; I started some prep courses for university. I have learnt how to write essays. This is a skill I SHOULD have been taught in school. I write all the time but essays used to terrify me. Odd as I am happy to write creative stories, blog posts and write a daily journal but to be given a 2000 word assignment and I used to break into a cold sweat. IF I had done a course in essay writing, I honestly think I could have been permitted to do 3 unit English as I wished to do instead of 2 unit French that I did for a filler. Ah. A tip, if your teen is struggling, look up a coursera or other on-line course and get them to sit through the videos. It truly helps. I am waiting for the capstone to be opened for me so I can tackle an 8 page research assignment. I am raring to go but I have a time limit, as my university starts on May 30.

I am doing much better in my shopping addiction. I DO spend more than I should but now it’s usually text books or something I NEED for a course. I have bought only a few clothing items and those have been on layby so I have paid for them slowly. (Thank you Kitty deluxe)

OK below are some photos from the last weekend’s walks.

XOXOX















































Comments

Popular Posts