Queen Elizabeth

Heath's sister was in town and she is lucky enough to be a nurse on Cunard's Queen Elizabeth ship.  The ship arrived in Sydney on Saturday morning but the weather was so crap that everything you did in Sydney was wet and grey. BOOOO. Still Heath got to catch up with his sister on Sunday and I was lucky enough to be invited.
I was on night shift the night previous to the visit so I felt unwashed and wilted. I looked it too. (Damn!)BUT Heath was at my work for 8am sign off and bought me breakfast (Dinner?) before we went for a stroll though the streets of Sydney. I was probably boring the pants off him but Sydney is a city I have spend many years reading the history of. 
We arrived at Circular Quay and still has time to spare so we walked around to the Overseas Passenger terminal, and sat down. Mistake.. I drifted off.. LOL. 

Getting on to a cruise liner as a day guest is an exercise in patience. You need to have submitted your ID days before and then the crew member has to meet you. After that, they take your ID and issue you with a ship one. This has to be clipped to you all the time. You then wait whilst they allow disembarking people off and no one is allowed to queue on the ramp so this means more waiting. I wasn't took fussed. Happy enough to not be doing anything. Eventually we were allowed on to the ship.
The ship is (As you expect) beautiful. We did get to see the medical facility and that is very impressive. You are safer on a cruise ship, esp this one, than at home. Its pretty awesome really. 
We happily wandered the ship whilst H and his sister caught up. 
I had a great day and was so thrilled to have had this opportunity. Even got to see the crew facilities and their private areas. So much of the ship is hidden and that's the part that keeps the show part (The public areas)  running smoothly. Well oiled machine indeed. 



Beautiful ship but not for my age group. Mind you when I am the age of the market this ship caters for I will be all in!

Thank you to Nat who took us into her world. XOXO



Comments

Popular Posts